Have I failed?








Avery had her first dental appointment today. We see little kids all the time Dr. Frieswyk is really good with kids. So no sweat right. Wrong!!! She did great he counted her teeth 9 on top (because one of her front teeth being knocked out almost 2 years ago now) and 10 on the bottom. She got them cleaned and polished everything going great yet. Tried X-rays no luck she said I was choking her so no sweat. Well she has a cavity. My child has a cavity. If you know me you know that I am crazy about my teeth and have passed that craziness onto my daughter and she has a cavity!!! Well Dr. Frieswyk and I decided that we would try to get the filling done so Avery wouldn't have to come back! This is where the stress starts. I do this every day why was this so hard!!! We gave her N2O and she was laughing and having fun. To my embarrassment she kept announcing to my boss that she farted. Oh so we finally started drilling doing O.K. The cavity was pretty big so we got all the decay out and now its time to do the filling well this is where I really start to sweat! She is putting her hands up and crying and moving and I am holding her down and trying to keep her mouth open while Dr. Frieswyk is trying to put the filling in. Ahhhhhhhh. Finally we are done with Avery sobbing. Did I traumatize my daughter? Well she was her naughty self by the time we got home. Ohhh the joys of being a parent.

1 Comment:

  1. Heather Warren said...
    Noah had a cavity too. This makes me feel better Annie. LOL

    You know your a great mama. I can't wait to see you guys.

    We'll work it out. I know that you are going to Pittsburgh around the same time, but we'll figure it out, I need my Annie fix!!!

    Love,

    Heather

Post a Comment



Newer Post Home