The legend of Purple Fletcher






Who is Purple Fletcher? Long ago my mother wanted to buy my father a Christmas gift. She went to the store to buy this album for him. She wasn't quite sure of the of the name of the album or the group for that matter. So she knew the first name in the title was a color........ Purple and she knew the second name was a male name....... Fletcher. Well no luck. No album for a band called Purple Fletcher. Well can you guess what band my mother was looking for? it was Pink Floyd.
So years have passed and I finally hear of this story. How could so many years have passed and I had never heard this story until a few weeks before we were traveling to Pittsburgh. An idea started brewing. Bruce and I devised a plan. We wanted to tease my mom so I made some T shirts for us, the kids and my brothers.
I put on my shirt and my mom said oh I like your shirt but no response about the logo. The kids and Bruce put their shirts on no response. O.K. finally my brother Jeff comes down and I give him his shirt. My mom says what does your shirt say. After 3 hours of Avery, Jackson, Bruce and I wearing our shirts she noticed Jeff's shirt!!! Well she loved it. She was very amused by the fact that we went to such great length's to poke fun at her. She was a great sport.
I had a few logo's left over so my mom took one and found a shirt and ironed it on and wore it to work. She told everyone at work the story and everyone laughed. One guy even wanted a T-shirt. It was all worth it I love to make my mom smile. LONG LIVE PURPLE FLETCHER!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home